Monday, October 20, 2008

Impressions

I am a dreamer at heart... and an Idealist really. With that comes BIG dreams and ideas that I have for my life that sometimes seem outlandish to people. I just love the idea of the impossible becoming possible. The coolest thing to me about God is that WITH God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!
So, how do our dreams and ideas become realities ? Well, one of the best lessons I've ever learned was to WAIT UPON THE LORD. What that means is just because you dream it up Monday doesn't mean it's time to act on it Tuesday! My heart is to continually stay in the path my Father above has for me.... to do that we must wait... and in His perfect timing our deepest desires, our dreams that have yet been seen will ALL come to pass!
I would never want to step out of God's timing because the will of God MINUS the timing of God equals the absence of God.

The following is a devotional from the book "Streams in the Desert" This encouraged me in the waiting. I hope it encourages you!!!!

"The ark of the covenant of the Lord went before them" (Num. 10:33).
God does give us impressions, but not that we should act on them as impressions. If the impression be from God, He will Himself give sufficient evidence to establish it beyond the possibility of a doubt.
How beautiful is the story of Jeremiah, of the impression that came to him respecting the purchase of the field of Anathoth. But Jeremiah did not act upon this impression until after the following day, when his uncle's son came to him and brought him external evidence by making a proposal for the purchase. Then Jeremiah said: "I knew this was the word of the Lord."
He waited until God seconded the impression by a providence, and then he acted in full view of the open facts, which could bring conviction unto others as well as to himself. God wants us to act according to His mind. We are not to ignore the Shepherd's personal voice but, like Paul and his companions at Troas, we are to listen to all the voices that speak and "gather" from all the circumstances, as they did, the full mind of the Lord. --Dr. Simpson

"Where God's finger points, there God's hand will make the way."
Do not say in thine heart what thou wilt or wilt not do, but wait upon God until He makes known His way. So long as that way is hidden it is clear that there is no need of action, and that He accounts Himself responsible for all the results of keeping thee where thou art. --Selected
"For God through ways we have not known, Will lead His own."

1 comment:

Kelly :) said...

awesome, Ami. =) I am so impatient...I've been trying to work on it though. With God all things are possible. I might even be able to patiently wait on the Lord. I wait on Him. Every day, just not very patiently.