Friday, April 17, 2009

Undivided

"Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an UNDIVIDED heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me;"

Undivided can be defined as "not parted by conflict of opinion."

Sometimes.... well... a lot of times... even more honestly... MOST of the time there is a conflict in my heart. It's one that rages against what I desire and understand to be and what God desires and is! It's a battle against truth and lies. One against what is and what only appears to be. I so often forget that God's love is perfect, his truth is faultless, and his ways are far above mine. I forget that I don't know it all. I can't see the whole picture, only God can. He sees what's ahead and everything He allows to unfold in my life (no matter how much I don't agree sometimes) is really out of His love, protection, faithfulness, and His desire that all things will work out for my GOOD!

My prayer is that my opinion and idea of what is "good" would go and I would come into agreement with anything and everything His heart desires, trusting in His unfailing love toward me, and not limiting Him and His goodness!!!

"I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord."
1 Corinthians 7:35
~May we all live with UNDIVIDED devotion to our Lord!!!

"I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God." Ezekiel 11:19-20