Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Do you really care?"

"Do you really care?" That question has played over and over again in my mind. It's a question that weighs my heart, motives, and actions.
Do I really care about the people that are around me, let alone the people that are not around...
Do I really care about the souls that are lost and have no knowledge of the unconditional love that my Savior has for them...
Do I really care about children around the world who are being taken and abused, who have lost all sense of their childhood innocence...
Do I really care about the prostitute who has given everything she has away not realizing how valuable she really is...
Do I really care about the drunk homeless man lying on the street whom some look to as a waste but whom God declared was made in HIS image with a purpose....
Do I really care?

"This is how we've come to understand and experience love: Christ sacrificed his life for us. This is why we ought to live sacrificially for our fellow believers, and not just be out for ourselves. If you see some brother or sister in need and have the means to do something about it but turn a cold shoulder and do nothing, what happens to God's love? It disappears. And you made it disappear.
My dear children, let's not just talk about love; let's practice real love. This is the only way we'll know we're living truly, living in God's reality"
1 John 3 16-19 (The Message)

No comments: