Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wake Up Sleepyhead!!!

Psalms 24:7-10
"7.Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors, and let the King of glory enter. 8 Who is the King of glory? The Lord, strong and mighty; the Lord, invincible in battle. 9 Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors, and let the King of glory enter. 10 Who is the King of glory? The Lord of Heaven’s Armies— he is the King of glory."
This was one of the scriptures I was reading in my One Year Bible today and it really just fired me up!!! I can almost hear the excitement and the determination in David's voice as he pronounces the coming King!!!
I was actually so excited when i read it that I looked up what it says in the Message bible... it kind of made me laugh a little since it was 5:00 a.m. haha :)

Psalms 24:7-10 (The Message)
7 Wake up, you sleepyhead city! Wake up, you sleepyhead people! King-Glory is ready to enter. 8 Who is this King-Glory? God, armed and battle-ready. 9 Wake up, you sleepyhead city! Wake up, you sleepyhead people! King-Glory is ready to enter. 10 Who is this King-Glory? God-of-the-Angel-Armies: he is King-Glory.

Make sure your not asleep for the King of Glory is READY!!!!
My prayer for our city is that we would be awake and alert to what our God is constantly doing in our midst. Thank you Jesus for your presence and glory that you lavish on us everyday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha, great post, Ami~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love ur face!!!