Monday, February 9, 2009

Every Leader is a Reader

Someone once told me "Every leader is a reader"
I thrive on reading books by amazing women of God who have gone before me and really pioneered the way for young women of God to succeed in their walks with God. I often look at these women as mentors... even though they don't know me. Through their writings I have been challenged, shaped, encouraged, and trained in my walk with God.
Titus 2:4 says "older women must train the younger women...
This isn't a simply suggestion it's a command...
Your walk with Christ is not always going to be easy, but God has giving us tools to help us along the way... one being mentors/mothers who who love the Lord with all their hearts and live their lives to help seeing us, the younger women, not make the same mistakes they did.
Even if you don't have someone in your life physically that you can go to I challenge you to pick up a good book and learn for women like: Joyce Meyer, Lisa Bevere, Beth Moore... and MANY more!


Here are 2 books I recently purchased on Joyce Meyer's Clearance section! Some great deals to start your own little library of discipleship at an affordable price!




2 comments:

The Burgess Family said...

Joyce Meyer has probably been the greatest encouragement for me as a woman, and for those who don't like to read or don't have the time to, but would still like encouragement, she has most of her teachings on CD's, you can just pop them in and listen as you are driving to work or wherever!

Messenger International said...

Hey! Thanks for the shout out!

We'd love for you to check out John & Lisa Bevere's blog.

www.MessengerInternational.blogspot.com - the ministry sharing life-transforming truth

www.PearlAlliance.blogspot.com - the outreach fighting human trafficking

Blessings!